A new release (0.40.19) of one of my favourite Indie games, Dwarf Fortress, was available for download on the 26th, looking forward to trying it out:
- Added gelding and associated profession/skill/etc.
Other bug fixes/tweaks
- Showed animal gender symbols in a few more places
- Got rid of mating-at-a-distance
- Added drink tab to kitchen screen
- Moved all remaining announcements to announcements.txt
- Added ability add/remove bp flags to set bp group
- Tweaked crowded pasture anger counter
- Stopped liaison from inserting own gender into position change news
- Added more work-arounds for compiler issue (fixing broken vault weapons and other problems)
Just finished reading Terry Pratchett’s Unseen Academicals, Discworld novel. I’ve put off reading this, since the premise of the book was about football and I’m in no way shape or form a fan of anything football related…
…but…I actually enjoyed this. I was half expecting it to be full of football matches and nothing but football, but it turned out to have a lot of other back story to it. I especially enjoyed the mystery of Nutt.
Well I finally finished the Bioshock 2 main solo campaign. It’s took a fair while to get this done with the limited time I could play it. It wasn’t the sort of game that I could play when my partner or son were on the go in the house since they didn’t like all the gore and shooting in it.
Personally I thought it was a superb game, loved the steampunk type style and the storyline.
After finishing it, I found that I still have the Minerva’s Den DLC pack to play, so will give that a go. Some people are saying it’s a better story than the main campaign, so will see how for myself shortly.
I do have Bioshock Infinity waiting in the wings as well. I played the original Bioshock a lot as well, infact I started it twice, the first time years ago, but I lost my save games, so had to start it again. The second time I got about 2/3rd’s the way through and then found it wouldn’t run at all on my new Windows 8 PC, so gave up and went onto Bioshock 2.
Bought myself Divinity: Original Sin this week. Old style RPG game from Larian Studios that was funded through Kickstarter. Really enjoying it so far, the little I’ve managed to play it.